Railway Depot Westminster Bridge Rd London 1902


2015-01-18 14.29.39 This railway station was built in 1902, taking over from Waterloo Station , who up till that time had been the sole provider of the funeral train service. Its main use was to run trains out to Brookwood Cemetery.The trains were three carriages long and were used to transport the body of the deceased  and their family members.It was finally closed in 1941 after receiving significant bomb damage and also due to dwindling numbers of the public using the service.This must be a listed building as next door has been demolished.

Advertisements